CMMS is a computerized system designed to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of maintenance activities through highly advanced features which included planning, scheduling, monitoring of work orders and maintenance needs.
Implementing CMMS became very essential to increase on the one hand productivity by reducing spares waiting time, improve prioritization of work and on the other hand Production by Reducing breakdowns (failure analysis) , reducing capital expenditure and having Ability to justify budgets through Cost and resources tracking.
Benefits of using a CMMS:
- Labor cost tracking
- Spares and consumables cost tracking
- For better cost accounting and justification of budgets
- Preventive maintenance
- Strong Reporting
- Statistics Reports
- Reduced assets failures
- Comprehensive scheduling options
- Multiple PM filtering
- Time and meters based
- Scheduled or actual completion based scheduling
- Time, date or day of week scheduling